Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SALTY COFFEE–an amazing love story

He met her at a party. She was so
beautiful, many guys were chasing
after her, while he was so plain and
simple, nobody paid attention to him.

At the end of the party, he invited
her to have coffee with him, she was
surprised, but to be polite, she
consented. They went to a nice coffee
shop, he was too nervous to say
anything, she felt uncomfortable, she
thought, please, let me go home….
suddenly he asked the waiter.

"would you please give me some salt?
I’d like to put it in my coffee."
Everybody stared at him, How strange!
His face turned red, but still, he put
the salt in his coffee and drank it.

She asked him curiously; why you have
salt in your coffee? He replied: "when
I was a little boy, I lived near the
sea, I like playing in the sea, I
could feel the taste of the sea, just
like the taste of the salty coffee.
Now every time I have the salty
coffee, I always think of my
childhood, think of my hometown, I
miss my hometown so much, I miss my
parents who still live there". While
saying that tears filled his eyes. She
was deeply touched.

That’s his true feelings, from the
bottom of his heart. A man who can
share his homesickness, he must be a
man who loves home, cares about home,
has ties to his home. Then she also
started to speak, spoke about her
faraway hometown, her childhood, her
family. That was a really nice talk,
also a beautiful beginning of their
story.

They continued to date. She found that
he was actually a man who meets all
her demands; he had tolerance, was
kind hearted, warm, careful. He was
such a good person but she almost
missed knowing him! Thanks to his
salty coffee!

The story ended just like every
beautiful love story , the princess
married the prince, then they lived
happily ever after… And, every time
she made coffee for him, she put some
salt in it, as she knew that’s the way
he liked it.

After 40 years, he passed away, left
her a letter which said: "My dearest,
please forgive me, I have been lying
my whole life. This was the only lie
I told you—the salty coffee.

Remember the first time we dated? I
was so nervous at that time, actually
I wanted some sugar, but I said
salt. It was hard for me to change
it, so I just went ahead.I never
thought that could be the start of our
conversation! I tried to tell you the
truth many times in my life, but

I was too afraid to do that, as I have
promised not to lie to you about
anything..

Now I’m dying, I’m afraid of nothing
so I can tell you the truth: I don’t
like the salty coffee, what a strange
bad taste.. But I have had the
salty coffee for my whole life! Since
I met you, I don’tnever feel sorry for
everything I did for you. " Having you
with me is the biggest thrill of my
whole life. If I can live a second
time around, I would still want to
know you and have you for the rest of
my life,even though I have to drink
the salty coffee again".

Her tears made the letter totally wet.
One day, someone asked her: how did
the salty coffee taste? It was very
sweet, she replied.

Love is not to forget but to forgive,
not to see but to understand, not to
hear but to listen, not to let go but
to HOLD ON !!!!

Don’t ever leave the one you love for
the one you like, because the one you
like will leave you for the one they
love…

-coffee-an-amazing-love-story/

No comments: